YMCA Youth Sports coming back fall 2020!
We have been hard at work while you have been away making sure we have a program with the whole family in mind. Want to know what makes Y Sports 2.0 special, join us and find out!
In Y Sports, kids will create friendships and make memories. They’ll gain skills and grow in confidence. They’ll focus on core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility. They’ll receive equal playing time, regardless of skill level, and learn the importance of playing as a team. And best of all, they’ll realize the most important accomplishments aren’t measured in final scores, but in goals achieved.
For your child's safety, and the safety of the families that we serve, we have targeted the return of youth sports for August 24. Registration will open July 1 for programs listed below. Please be sure to register early to reserve your spot as available roster numbers have been decreased due to social distancing protocols. Between now and then, we are hard at work implementing the new disinfecting protocols, upgrading systems, and training staff to ensure the safest and healthiest training environment possible. We truly value everyone’s health and safety. We know kids are needing to be social and engage with other kids, so our goal is to make sure they have the best experience possible this fall.
You can reserve your space on the roster with just a $10 deposit!
REGISTER AT ymca-snoco.org/sports
YOUTH FALL SOCCER LEAGUE (Ages 3-12), - SHOOT FOR YOUR GOALS!
Our YMCA Soccer Program helps kids become not only better soccer players, but better people as well. We are committed to teaching sound fundamental skills, fair play, and positive competition. Our desire is that, through sports, youth will find lifelong love for a healthy activity and find ways to strengthen values, improve relationships, appreciate diversity, develop leadership skills and have fun!
- Age 3-4, League format includes 30 minutes of practice and skills training, then 30 minutes of game play led by volunteer coaches
- Age 5-12, hour of practice once per week (with dates and times determined by your child's coach) and a game on Saturdays.
- Parents are encouraged to be more than mere spectators by contributing their time as a volunteer coach, a team parent and most importantly being their kid's number one fan.
- Age 5-12 teams will play against other local YMCA of Snohomish County teams.
- Reversible jersey included with registration fees.
YMCA FALL BASKETBALL LEAGUE (Grade 3-9) – ELEVATE YOUR GAME!
Basketball was first invented at a YMCA in Springfield, Massachusetts by Dr. James Naismith in December 1891. Since that time, YMCAs have been known for their basketball programs, emphasizing fun, helping them learn valuable lessons in teamwork, sportsmanship and leadership while building their confidence and inclusive for all. The YMCA of Snohomish County values those qualities while encouraging kids to be active – a benefit to them both physically and mentally, as active kids are not only healthier but do better in school.
- Teams practice one hour a week with Friday or Saturday games.
- All teams will play against other YMCA of Snohomish County teams.
- Parent Volunteers are needed for all team.