SAVE TIME AND MONEY
BECOME A SAVVY HEALTH CONSUMER • BE PRO-ACTIVE - BE HEALTHY
Curated by medical staff • Science oriented • Apolitical
To Eat or Not to Eat
NOT! Bacon Cheeseburger
Lots of fat and more than half your heathy calorie allowance for the day. If you eat a white flour bun, you'll raise your blood sugar count too.
EAT! Turkey Sandwich
Lots of protein, with less fat. The whole wheat bread lowers your carbohydrate absorption as well. Skip the mayo but add lettuce and tomato, and a modicum of mustard if you like the sharpness.
A very pretty and enticing look, but it's really a deep-fried piece of white flour, shortening and white sugar loading about 200 calories to your diet... Lots of cholesterol saturated and trans-fats.
NOT! Potato Chips
Another deep-fried killer with high calories and tons of fat and salt. If they are also flavored, you're eating added chemicals and sugar.
NOT! Buffalo Wings
It only takes a serving of one wing to load up on salt and cholesterol. Better than 65% of fat leaves only 35% of protein in your meal, with a lot of the bad stuff in the skin and basting sauce.
EAT! SPAGHETTI MARINARA
This is a heathful dish to eat but only if the sauce is low in salt and sugar. Make the pasta al dente to keep you full longer.
NOT! HOT DOGS
Really bad for you, hot dogs and most processed meats are made of ingredients such as salt, saturated fat, preservatives , nitrates, and Trimmed meats. There is a long list of diseases that are engendered by processed meats. Try the plant based hot dogs that are becoming more available.
EAT! BERRY CRISP
Made with old fashioned oats, fruit like blueberries and peaches, ginger, olive or avocado oil and cinnamon with just a dash of maple syrup, this is a delicious, healthful dish. You can also add some pecan pieces to make it more delectable.
If you go easy on the butter, salt and cheese, this is a fiber-filled superstar. With only 25% of the calories as the same weight as potato chips, popcorn is also high in fiber and anti-oxidants.
NOT! MAC & CHEESE
Not a good choice to eat often, it's loaded with fat and calories. The saturated fat is really a no-no for the kids to use as a favorite dish.
Nachos without topping are not exactly health foods. When you then add traditional toppings like cheese, salsa, guacamole, and sour cream, you've got a high calorie, high fat dish that will not make you healthier.
EAT! CAESAR SALAD
This salad, made with lettuce, eggs, croutons, olive oil and mustard can be a satisfying and healthful dish. Don't use caesar dressings without carefully reading ingredients.
If you would like to receive these helpful newsletters,
© Copyright, 2020, PHR-Rescue, Inc. • 653 Pine Tree Road, Baederwood, PA 19046
You received this email as a contact of PHR-Rescue, Inc..
Click here to leave mailing list